Shiv Niwas Palace Hotel Overview
The Shiv Nivas Palace hotel of Udaipur previously used to serve as the official residence of Maharana Sri Bhagwat Singh. Later on it was transformed into a Grand Heritage hotel. The building of this hotel is of crescent or semi lunar shape, thereby giving a stunning view of the nearby lake Pichola. The building of this hotel shows the quality associated with Rajput architectural works. This Grand heritage hotel has more than 30 rooms, all of which are well furnished and spacious. Almost all its rooms contain chandeliers, traditional Rajput paintings. All the rooms of this grand heritage are fully air conditioned and have bathrooms attached with them. In the bathrooms of this grand heritage hotel, you will find the simultaneous availability of both hot and cold water. Dining at this grand heritage is always a special experience. The Paantya restaurant of this hotel is known to offer a wide range of delicacies. However, the specialty of this restaurant lies in serving Indian and traditional Rajasthani dishes. However, you can also get Continental dishes and breakfast here in this restaurant. The Grand Heritage hotels generally come with a number of add on amenities, so the Shiv Nivas Palace hotel is also no exception. The main amenities that are available in this hotel include the likes of swimming pool availability, squash courts availability, intra day laundry and dry cleaning facility, TV rooms, ayurvedic message , Spa and many more. The ancient guesthouse of this palace has witnessed the arrival of Queen Elizabeth II and also the shooting of the famous James Bond film Octopussy. It is famous for the traditional Rajputana hospitality. The moment you step inside the doors of this hotel, you are sure to remember the royal past of the Rajput dynasty. The Shiv Nivas Palace hotel is three times winner of the prestigious award for the best national hotel in the Grand Heritage category.
Category: Grand Heritage
Managed by: HRH Group of hotels
City: Udaipur, Rajasthan
Rooms: 36 Spacious rooms, 19 Terrace suites, 8 Royal Suits, and others are Imperial suites.
Amenities: Restaurant, Bar, TV, Money Exchange, Swimming Pool, Fitness centre, Squash, Billiards, Conference, Doctor On call and all Major credit cards accepted Here.
All the rooms of this Shiv Nivas Palace hotel are spacious and has all the modern day amenities, that are searched by the tourists. All the rooms that are available in this Grand Heritage hotel are generally of four categories namely, Palace Room, Terrace Suits, Royal Suite and the Imperial suite. The various amenities that are available in the rooms of this hotel are enlisted below in a tabular form.
- Air Conditioning Facility
- Separate shower for toilet and bathing purposes
- Min bar
- Tea and Coffee making facility in rooms
- Newspaper availability
- Digital safe equipments
- Television availability
- In room safety devices
- Shower facility in all rooms
- Ayurvedic massage and spa
- Physician on call
- Airport transfer
- Limousines on hire.
The Shiv Nivas Palace hotel in Udaipur is known for its culinary delicacies. It is capable of serving Indian, continental as well as traditional Rajasthani foods. The main food outlets available with this Grand Heritage hotel are discussed below:
- Paantya: It is the multi cuisine restaurant which serves Indian and continental dishes for breakfasts.
- Paneera Bar: The Paneers bar is well known for serving high quality liqueur which may be either Indian or foreign origin.
- The Lawns: It is perfect for wedding ceremonies and other related occasions. It can accommodate a maximum of 500 invitees.
- Top Terrace: In this top terrace restaurant, small groups of 6 to 30 individuals can enjoy a quite meal with the scintillating looks of the Lake Pichola.
Being a Grand Heritage hotel the Shiv Nivas Palace comes up with a number of amenities. The major amenities that are provided this grand heritage hotel are enlisted below:
- Hotel Amenities
- Swimming pool
- Billiards room
- Squash court
- Beauty parlor
- Board room
- Solar motor boats on lakes
- Doctor on call
- Limousines on hire for safari
- Intra day laundry and dry cleaning
- Forex facility available
- Safety Lockers available
Meeting Room Facilities
The Grand Heritage hotel of Shiv Nivas Palace is known for its meeting and conferencing facilities. The main meeting rooms of this hotel along with their accommodation capabilities are elucidated below:
- Shiv Niwas Pool Side: Here you will get light snacks throughout the day. A maximum of 300 guests can be accommodated in this pool side besides the deep blue water ridges of the swimming pool.
- The Lawns: It is located in the frontside of the Bandstand, and is the ideal place for sit-down banquets. However, organizing buffets and wedding ceremonies here, is not a bad option altogether. For sit-down dinners, the maximum number of guests that can be accommodated here is 200.
- Manek Chawk: Sit-down dinner banquets and special dinners are organized here. It can upto 200 guests for any formal occasion.
- Jagmandir Udaipur: The garden courtyard of this Jagmandir is capable of accommodating 50 to 300 guests for sit-down banquets and a maxium of 500 guests for buffet style dining.
- Zeena Mahal Udaipur: The Zeena Mahal used to be the palace for the royal ladies during the Rajput era. Now sit-down banquets and special dinners. Candle-lit dinners and flower decked tables are examples of its royal traditions.
- The Promenade: The lawns here can accommodate anything between 100 to 300 guests for formal banquets as well as wedding parties.
- Baadi Mahal: It is the exclusive garden courtyard of the Madana Mahal. It is best suited for small gropus of 20 to 50 individuals.
- Mor Chowk: It is well known for organizing exclusive banquets for small groups of individuals(anything between 20 to 50).
- Top Terrace: In the top terrace of this Shiv Nivas Palace, small groups comprising of 50to 30 individuals can enjoy a silent meal with peace and scintillating view of the lake Pichola.
- Dubar Hall: It is mostly chosen for ceremonial and corporate get-togethers. For formal banquets, it can accommodate 300 guests and for buffet dinners, it can accommodate a maximum of 300 guests.