Heritage hotel chains in India are those hotels, which at some point of time in history were fortresses, and castles that were home to the rulers of Rajasthan. For centuries, the ancient fortress, the defensive castle, or the composite haveli-was the abode of royalty and the nobility where hospitality was an integral part of life in Rajasthan. These Heritage hotels are a special treat to the Heritage Hotels Indiavisitors, as those who run or maintain these hotels have made sure that the traditional work, carvings, décor and the style of hospitality remain as it were in the olden times in the state of Rajasthan, India. As already mentioned, these heritage hotels were home to the Rajputs and Rajasthani rulers; therefore it is but natural that the architecture and décor of these palaces are lavish. Some of these heritage homes are reflective of Rajputana and Mughal architecture. The architecture of these royal buildings was such that there were separate viewing galleries for the ladies of these households. There were separate wings constructed for the men, women, guests and the servants of the household.
Over the centuries it has been the custom of these heritage homes in Rajasthan, India, to provide hospitality to every person who visited these homes, now that most of these homes have been transformed into hotels, the owners endeavor to maintain the traditional concept of extending a warm and hospitable atmosphere to each and every individual who visits these hotels in Rajasthan.
After the year 1947, that is in the post independence period the Government of India abolished royal titles and the concept of feudal lords and feudal ownership of lands in Rajasthan. The Government of India withdrew the Privy Purse and special privileges to the royalty. Consequently, members of most of the royal families found it extremely difficult to maintain these huge buildings in Rajasthan. These large mansions lay almost abandoned or unattended till a few enterprising people realized that perhaps the only way to maintain these historic homes was their appropriate reuse. And the large palaces of the Maharajas set precedent by becoming five star luxury hotels. Later some of the heritage homes followed suit and are now functioning as luxury heritage hotels all over Rajasthan.
Welcom Heritage Hotels
Welcom Heritage represents some of the best traditions of heritage hospitality in India. After independence in 1947, some of the owners of such glorious properties resolved to preserve the heritage of the past by converting their properties into ‘heritage hotels’. And finally, these once-private royal homes opened their doors to share their gracious lifestyles with the world. In doing so, they have ensured that the properties continue to be maintained in a befitting manner. A slice of history that would otherwise have been irretrievably lost continues to survive. With one major difference: You too can now be a part of it!
It offers 20 exclusive heritage destinations in India and a number of resorts.
- Khimsar fort – District Nagaur, Khimsar, Rajasthan -India
- Bandavgarh Jungle Lodge – Bandhavgarh, Madhya Pradesh
- Kanha Jungle Lodge – Kanha, Madhya Pradesh India
- Balsamand Lake Palace – Jodhpur, Rajasthan -India
- Sardar Samand Palace – Pali, Rajasthan -India
- Maharani Bagh Orchard – Ranakpur, Rajasthan
- Karni Fort – Udaipur, Rajasthan -India
- Taragarh Palace – Taragarh, Himachal Pradesh
- Judges Court – Pragpur, Himachal Pradesh
- The Belvedere Palace – Nainital, Uttaranchal
- WoodVille Palace – Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Corbett RamGanga Resort – Corbett , Uttaranchal
- Kasmanda Palace – Mussoorie , Uttranchal
- Windamere Hotel – Darjeeling , West Bengal
- Hotel Shambha La – Leh , Ladakh , Jammu & Kashmir
- Connaught House – Mt. Abu , Rajasthan
- Umaid Bhawan Palace – Kota , Rajasthan
- Noor Us – Sabah Palace – Bhopal , Madhya Pradesh
- Royal Camp, Nagaur fort – Nagaur , Rajasthan
- Jagat Palace – Pushkar , Rajasthan
- Solang Valley Resort – Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- Grace Hotel – Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
- Khimsar Sand Dunes – Khimsar , Rajasthan
- Bassi Fort, Chittorgarh – Chittorgarh , Rajasthan
- Regency Vilas Palace – Ooty, Tamil Nadu
- Fern Hills Palace, Nilgiris – Ooty, Tamil Nadu
- Bundel Khand Riverside hotel – Orchha, Madhya Pradesh
- Rajendra Villas Palace – Mysore, Karnataka
- Bassi Fort – Chittorgarh, Rajasthan
Even though history is a record of the past, it lives in the present and waits in the future. Come; enact your private history in real life settings.
Where valour, romance, feasting and celebrations have had a history of their own. Our eight Neemrana ‘non-hotels’- from the 14th to the 21st centuries offer a panorama of 700 years.
- Hill Fort, Kesroli – Near Alwar
- Neemrana Fort Palace – Neemrana, Rajasthan
- Mud Fort, Kucheswar – Bulandshahar, UP
- Hotel Del Orient – Pondicherry
- Ramgarh Bungalows – Ramgarh, Kumaon Hills, Rajasthan
- The Verandah in the Forest – Matheran , Maharashtra
- Piramal Haveli, Bagar – Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan
- Glass house on the Ganges – Rishikesh , Uttarakhand
- Villa Pottopati – Bangalore, Karnataka
- Wallwood Garden – Coonoor, Tamil Nadu
HRH Group of Hotels
The HRH Group of Hotels offer authentic heritage palace-hotels and historical venues, for memorable events which happens once-in-a-lifetime like ‘Regal Weddings’ and other events Conferences, Theme Shows, Banquets.
- Shiv Niwas Palace Hotel, Udaipur
- Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel, Udaipur
- Shikharbadi Hotel
- Garden Hotel & Restaurant
- The Aodhi Hotel
- Gorbandh Palace, Bikaner
- Gajner Palace, Gajner
- Karni Bhawan Palace
- Maan Bilas Hotel
- Ramgarh Resort & Polo Complex
- Palaces of India
Palaces of India
Palaces of India is a company specializing in Sales & Marketing operations for Palaces, Forts & Heritage Hotels in India. It represents premium Palaces, Forts & Heritage Homes in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Northeast
- Deogarh Mahal – Deogarh, Rajasthan
- Jaipur House – Mt. Abu, Rajasthan
- Mandawa Haveli – Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Raj Mahal Palace – Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Rohetgarh – Rohet, Rajasthan
- Udai Bilas Palace – Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Desert resort – Mandawa, Rajasthan
Samode hotels are luxury heritage hotels in India’s most exquisite and remote settings. Each property is enhanced by its unique surroundings and expands horizons for travelers while respecting local ways of life. All are family run hotels offering personalized service and attention to detail that makes the welcome warm and the stay unforgettable.
Samode Hotels have three world class luxury hotels in Rajasthan, as different as their location each property upholds the Samode commitment to integrate the highest international standards of hospitality with indigenous culture, designs and materials.
- Samode Palace The winner of best Heritage Hotel in the country, for 5 consecutive years, the Palace has been meticulously restored offering a retreat into an aesthetically beautiful environment where visitors can enjoy India’s natural beauty and rich history. Samode Palace is one of India’s most charming and romantic hotels. It offers a quiet, elegant and luxurious atmosphere.
- Samode Haveli he Samode Haveli is a unique small property hotel offering intimate and personalized service. Its unique atmosphere blending the contemporary and the historic elements gives Samode Haveli a warm & friendly atmosphere. It’s a home away from home. With its understated luxury, antique furniture, furnishings and original work-of-art, the hotel is a celebration of traditional values and gracious living.
- Samode Bagh is a garden paradise located 4 kms from the Samode Palace. It is nestled on 20 acres of beautiful grounds combines warmth and luxury. It is a romantic hideaway, a unique experience of an air-conditioned tented camp where the dune coloured tents are luxuriously furnished with every comfort. The garden is about three blocks long and is enclosed by a 15-foot high stonewall. Two hundred feet long row of fountains fed from natural springs and wells are displayed all along the garden. Victorian and traditional Rajasthan décor echo life in a 16th century luxury camp.